Abywell – turning whiskey barrels into wine racks!
Abywell took the plunge and started a business making handcrafted solid oak barrel furniture made from reclaimed oak whiskey barrels.
They started their business in 2017 after much planning and market research using their skills and experience to meet a demand for top quality solid handmade barrel furniture for the home, garden and business.
Abywell is passionate about offering furniture that is expertly handcrafted with pride and perfection in mind.
Handcrafted solid Oak Barrel furniture - from drinks cabinets and wine racks to chairs, stools, tables are made from selected solid oak whiskey barrels from Scotland by Abywell’s team of highly skilled furniture makers.
Once the durable piece of furniture is made in workshop, it is hand wrapped and dispatched from Abywell’s premises at SPACE Hoo Farm in Kidderminster and shipped by courier to the customers all over the country and worldwide to Europe, US and Australia.
“This is a good central location to ship from as we are close to main roads, also for our visitors and customers to come around to our showroom. We also benefit from the large roller shutter door which is adjacent to our unit as some of our pieces would be too large for a standard door.”
Abywell is building a sound reputation on quality and personal service and customer feedback shows that people value the bespoke look and feel as well as the authenticity of the oak used in their furniture.
Much of their work comes from recommendations and from repeat business where commercial and domestic customers are building their own collection of Abywell furniture.
To contact Abywell:
Call 07951 314549
SPACE Hoo Farm is managed by Wyre Forest District Council as a flexible working space for start up and growing businesses.
Space provides nearly 9,000 sq ft of flexible workspace for businesses to start, develop and grow.
- ‘Space’ is located at Hoo Farm Industrial Estate Kidderminster
- 22 flexible workshop and office spaces
- Designed for new and growing businesses - own workspace, shared meeting area, kitchen and toilet facilities
- Easy in - easy out terms
- Choice of workspaces to suit individual business needs
- Two week notice period and a maximum lease length of three years
- Start up businesses get a 50% reduction in rent in year 1 and a 25% reduction in year 2
- Access to business support, advice and funding
- Perfect for tradespeople, production units, craft workshops, light manufacturing, and office users
- Container storage space on site from £75 per month
- On-site car parking
- Free wi-fi