Those thinking of starting a new business or are in the early days of trading in Wyre Forest can now access a range of individual support across the region, through the programme ‘Enterprise for Success’.
Part funded by the European Regional Development Fund, the scheme offers access to a team of experienced and specialist business advisors, who are able to guide clients through the journey of starting a company and providing them with the tools to grow and succeed.
Supported by a wide range of partners, including local authorities across the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership and the regional Growth Hub, the Library of Birmingham and Birmingham City University, the programme offers one to one personal advice sessions, as well as a wealth of expert workshops and events.
Key topics include business planning, financial forecasting and sources of finance, marketing, and intellectual property – as well as practical information including registering your business and choosing the right structure.
To access the support, or to find our more, contact the Greater Birmingham and Solihull Growth Hub on 0800 032 3488, or at www.gbslepgrowthhub.co.uk.
The Enterprise for Success Programme is part-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund Programme. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for the European Regional Development Fund , which is one of the funds established by the European Union to help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support local businesses and create jobs. For more information visit www.communities.gov.uk/erdf
Enterprise for Success support provided:
• Direct one to one support from experienced advisors up to the point of starting a business
• Online resources and company databases – including IBISWORLD, Mintel, MINT UK and MINT Global
• Networking opportunities within the start-up community
• Business planning workshops – including basic financial control techniques, market research and writing a business plan
• Marketing workshops
• Financial planning and access to finance support
• Intellectual Property Advice
• Public Speaking workshops
• Signposting to other relevant support organisations and programmes
For more information, please contact:
Clare Rudge, Business Investment Office, Solihull Council
Tel: 0121 705 6167